Semi Finished Products - Shortening Process description of shortening
Shortening is a semi-finished product used for manufacturing of bakery products.
It is essentially made of fats (butter or vegetable fats) sugar, corn syrup, milk, eggs, honey.
This mix into which nitrogen can be injected to get a lower viscosity shortening, when added to flour in the mixer enhances the formation of dough increasing and prolonging the softness of cake.
The ingredients are batched into a dissolver, from this the melted shortening is transferred with a positive pump to a Scraper Surface Heat Exchanger. An injection systemmeters a controlled flow of inert gas into the product at the discharge side of the pump.
The SSHE, jacketed for freon circulation supercools the product in order to initiate crystallization.
The product flow can be further processed with a worker that plasticizes the mass passing through, then stored in a tempering tank to allow the correct structure to develop.
Plasticized shortening, ready for use, is then pumped to the users.
The plant can be designed and exactly taylared for any unique technologie and requirement of the client.
– Controllable product viscosity for a variety of applications
– Improves quality of bakery products produced using block shortening
– Storage of oils reduces materials and labour costs, eliminating handling of fats blocks
– Prepackaged unit with optional computer controls
– The plant is preassembled and tested at Soren’s premises.
– Preparation tank model PCSD
– Storage tanks model PC
– Positive rotary pump or piston pump
– Swept Surface Heat Exchanger model HD
– Worker model W
– Piping, valves, instruments
– Electrical power and control panel
– Production capacity 200 to 1.000 Kg/h
– Heat treatment cycle: inlet temperature 50°C, outlet 23/30°C